Where To Stay In Red River, New Mexico
Red River is the height of your fantasy southwestern New Mexico vacation. Located 36 miles from Taos in the heart of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, its fiery sunsets over alpine laden peaks, attest to the power of its sublime mountain location. Built by miners who in the early 1900s began renting out their cabins to those wishing to escape the summer heat, rustic mountain accommodations remain the foundation of this beautiful enchanting town.
While there are many rentals available, few are as pristine as those mentioned here.
Upper Valley Rentals
Rentals in the Upper Valley back up to the Carson National Forests, providing breathtaking views of unhindered wildlife. Guests can expect to see an abundance of birds such as golden eagles and chickadees. Fishing and hiking paths just steps away, make the Upper River Valley rentals an outdoor enthusiasts’ dream.
- Payne’s Lodge – Wood Burning Fireplace
- Elk Run – Covered Decks with a Hot Tub
- 9 Pines Retreat – Perfect for an Extended Family Getaway
Elk Run - Upper Valley - Hot Tub
Cabins On the River
Red River literally gets its name for the amounts of red soil in its watershed. It boasts of having been named, ‘one of the finest trout fishing areas in the US’. For all practical purposes, it’s just beautiful to look at; a truly endearing place to stay in New Mexico.
- Moon River – Secluded Overlooking the Banks of the Red River
- Whispering Pines – Peaceful and Secluded, Sleeps 3
- Riverbend Condo #2 – Three Story Townhome with River Views
Retreats In Town
No need to drive anywhere. Stay in town and you will be blocks away from everything you need. From dining to shopping, festivals and entertainment the mile-long Main St. is home to it all.
- Park View Townhouse – Newly Built
- Bearfoot Bungalow – 2 Story, WiFi
- Pioneer House – Large Open Floor Plan
Red River has plenty of vacation rentals that allow Fido to accompany you. Pet-friendly homes can be found in town and in rural locations.
- West Yankee Gold Mine – Recent Upgrades, Gas Grill
- Rose Rock Mountain View – Beautiful Vista of the Mountains and Town
- Trout Time – With Fenced In Yard
Vacation Homes For Families
Multi-generational travelers and families will delight in these family-friendly vacation homes in Red River.
- Dwyer’s Den – Washer/Dryer, Kid’s Play House
- Claim Jumper Townhouse #15 – Heated Parking Lot, Picnic Area Outside
- Woodford Cabin – Deck Overlooking the River
Accommodations For Groups
There are many options for large groups traveling to Red River. From spacious villas in town to large rustic cabins overlooking the river, you’ll find extras like ping pong tables and fire pits for at-home entertainment.
- The Red River Villa
- Arnold’s Retreat
- Birds and Bears Retreat
Romantic and Quaint Vacation Homes
Celebrating an anniversary or just getting away for the weekend? Red River hosts cottages in the woods and condos in town, depending on the type of vacation you are looking for.
- Bear Hugs Cottage – Cozy, Rustic Cottage in the Woods
- Pioneer 3- Newly remodeled, In Town
- Bunker Hill – Close to Ski Area
Rentals Near the Ski Resort
Be close to the powder and the action. These vacation rentals near the ski resort offer ski in and ski out accommodations. Focus on your carving and what you come here for.
- Ski View Condominiums
- Claim Jumper A-Frame #5 -Ski In, Ski Out
- Thorne’s Downtown Delight – Wood Burning Fireplace
Traveling For A Special Occasion?
Our ‘Happy Birthday’, ‘Romance’ and ‘Bachelorette’ packages have you covered. Looking to sleep in and have breakfast items ready on your first day after arrival? Our ‘Airbnb' Breakfast Me' Package has everything you need.
If you are looking for custom welcome packages, family reunion or wedding party gift baskets or any customizable celebration packages at all, drop us a line. Our Vacation Tailors are standing by to make your trip a truly splendid and unique celebration.