TAILORED STAY COCKTAIL MENU
Whether it’s a classic cocktail or one uniquely your own, we may not all be masters of mixology. But with these easy cocktails to make at home, you can toast to delicious drinks and your new found bartending experience!
An American In Paris
* 1 oz Vodka * 1/2 oz Lemon Juice * Grated Fresh Ginger
* 1/2 oz Agave or Simple Syrup
**Shake in shaker with ice or stir in glass
** Strain into Champagne Flute or Wine Glass (use coffee filter or cheesecloth sans bar equipment
* Top with Champagne * Garnish with a Lemon Twist
Meet Me In St. Louis
* 2 oz Vodka * 4 oz Bloody Mary Mix or Clamato Juice (If you are feeling up to the challenge, create your own Mix –Tomato Juice, Splash Fresh Lemon Juice, Worcestershire Sauce (to taste), Salt, Pepper, Tabasco
* 1/2 oz Green Olive Brine (juice) * 2 oz Red Wine (your choice) * A Couple Dashes of your favorite hot sauce
**Shaken and strained over ice (sans bar equipment pour all from one glass into another and repeat until well mixed)
**Garnish with all or any of the following (aka Last Night’s Dinner) : Bacon, MiniBurger, Pizza, Taco, HotPocket, Chicken Tenders, Meatballs, French Fries, Waffle, Donut Hole, and of course Veggies for your health
Island In The Sun
*2 oz Vodka * 1/2 oz Fresh Lime Juice
* 1/4 oz Agave Syrup (or to taste)
* 2 Large Strawberries
* 2 Basil Leaves
* 2 Slices Jalapeno (forgo if you prefer no spice)
**Muddle Strawberries, Basil, Jalapenos and Agave in Shaker (of Glass)
**Add Ice, Vodka and Lime Juice
** Shake and Strain into a Coup or Martini Glass (sans bar equipment pour contents from one glass to another and repeat until well mixed; strain using the two glasses)
**Garnish with a Basil Leaf, Strawberry, Jalapeno Slice, or any combination thereof!
Once Upon A Time In Mexico
* 2 oz Tequila
* Juice of One Lime
* 1 oz Triple Sec or Grand Marnier
* 1/4 oz Agave Syrup (or to taste) *
Two Slices of Jalapeno, Slice of Cucumber, and Cilantro
**Muddle Jalapeno, Cucumber and Cilantro
**Fill Shaker or Glass half with Ice and Shake ** Rim Glass with Margarita Salt and Garnish with a Cucumber Slice ** Can be served “Up” in a Martini Glass or “On the Rocks” (over ice)
The Pink Panther – London
* 2 oz Gin
* 1.5 oz lime cilantro simple syrup
**How to Make Simple Syrup Simple: Take any fruit or herbs and steep in boiling water and sugar mixture, equal parts sugar and water; any tea works as well, just leave the tea bag in the pot and take out after the simple syrup mix comes to a boil.
* 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice * Cucumber Slice * 3 Blueberries
**Muddle Cucumber and Blueberries
**Shake all together with Ice (sans bar equipment pour contents from one glass to another and repeat until well mixed; double strain using the two glasses and a coffee filter or cheese cloth)
**Double Strain into a Coupe (or whatever pretty glass is in the kitchen)
Never Say Never Again- Bahamas
*2 oz. Malibu Rum (Dark Rum or Spiced Rum are yummy too)
*1 oz. Pineapple Juice
*1 oz. Coconut Water or Coconut Cream
*1/2 oz. Lime Juice
*Blue Curacao Float (or Chambord if you like)
*Garnish with a fresh pineapple slice
**Add all components except the float liquor to a cocktail tin and shake vigorously for ten seconds or until chilled.
**Strain into a glass over fresh ice, float the blue curacao on top and garnish
**This drink can be shaken and served over ice or blended with ice.
From Russia With Love
* 1 1/2 oz Dry London Gin
* 1/2 oz Apple Brandy (you can use Apple Jack, but shhhh)
* 3/4 oz Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
* Few dashes Grenadine (to taste)
* 1 Egg White (preferably pasteurized–if you double the recipe, you will still only need 1 egg white)
**Add all ingredients to empty Shaker, NO ice.
**Shake hard for at least 30 seconds–You want the egg to foam!
**Fill Shaker half with Ice and shake vigorously until the contents are icy cold.
**Strain into a Coupe or other pretty glass
* Garnish with a Maraschino Cherry or a Lemon Twist with a Mint Leaf)
* 2 oz Vodka
* 1/2 oz Simple Syrup
* 1/2 oz Coffee Liqueur
* 1 oz Espresso
* Add a dash of cream or Irish Cream – Optional
**Shake over ice vigorously and Strain
**Garnish with Espresso or Coffee Beans
New York, New York
(Three Classic Whisky Cocktails with Three Ingredients)
***Stir contents over ice***
***Strain and serve “UP” in a Martini or Coupe Glass or “On the Rocks” (over ice)***
* 2 oz Rye or Bourbon Whisky * 3/4 oz Sweet Red Vermouth * 2 Dashes Angostura Aromatic Bitters * Garnish with Luxardo Maraschino Cherry
* 2 oz Bourbon * 1 Sugar Cube * 2 Dashes Angostura Orange Bitters * Garnish with Orange Peel
* 1 oz Rye or Bourbon Whisky * 1 oz Campari * 1 oz Sweet Vermouth * Garnish with a Lemon Twist (if Rye) or an Orange Peel (if Bourbon)
In Old Chicago
* 2 oz Whisky
* 1 tsp of Honey or Maple Syrup (or to taste)
* 3 oz Orange Juice (fresh squeezed or store bought)
**Fill Mug with Hot Green Tea
**Add Lemon Peel **Garnish with Cinnamon Stick
Meet Our Collaborators
Meet the long-time “care-taker” of NoBar in North Hollywood, California and an excellent tender of bar and life. He is also the proud father of his pup, Lupe and the creator of Meet Me in St Louis. Have Paul make you his signiture drink at NoBar in NorthHollywood.
An accomplished actress, Native Texan, and creator of the perfect bedtime drink In Old Chicago. In times of plenty, find her behind one of my most favorite bars around, NoBar, in the Noho Arts District, in Los Angeles, California.
The most awesome tender of bar and expert on the hit show “Bar Rescue,” who for over twenty years has honed his skills in a multitude of establishments all across the United States including the US Virgin Islands, as well as parts of Europe.
An extremely talented Mixologist, Nick has won regionals in Star of the Bar last year and can be seen with his keen sense of style and incredible swagger behind the bar at Sazzy B in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
MEET THE MENU CREATOR
Anna Pheil is the creator of the TailoredStay cocktail menu and has spent over two decades in the hospitality industry both behind the bar and as a bar and restaurant manager. Anna has tended places such as Wolfgang Puck’s Brasserie Vert in Hollywood, top Los Angeles Nightclubs AV and the Vanguard, as well as The Sofitel Hotel Beverly Hills. In addition she has worked with the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Fyne Festival and The Mockingbird in Scotland.